V-Beam Pulse Dye Laser – What to Expect
At Midwest Dermatology, patients can have peace of mind about the birthmark removal process. In fact, the V-Beam Pulsed Dye Laser is safe enough to be used to treat patients of all ages, from infants through adults. Here’s how it works:
- The laser treatment is performed by a dermatologist with years of training and at least a decade of laser treatment experience.
- The procedure is done in the Midwest Dermatology office, not a hospital or a large outpatient medical center.
- The V-Beam Pulsed Dye Laser emits intense but gentle bursts of light that pass through the skin’s outer layer. The light is absorbed by the blood vessels in the birthmark, the vessels warm up and then the body reabsorbs the blood in the vessels.
- There is no scarring or long-term damage to the skin surrounding the birthmark.
- Midwest Dermatology offers patients the option to use the Dynamic Cooling Device during treatment. Before each burst of laser light, the skin receives a cooling spray. This protects the skin and keeps patients comfortable.
- There is no downtime. Both children and adults can return to their normal activities immediately after undergoing treatment.
- After treatment, the blood vessels from the birthmark are reabsorbed by during the normal healing process. During this process, the birthmark or vascular lesion fades away, leaving clear skin behind.