Mohs surgery, also known as micrographic surgery, is the treatment of choice for basal cell and squamous cell skin cancers at Midwest Dermatology.
Our dermatologists use it because it:
- Has the highest cure rate compared to other treatments; upwards of 95 percent!
- Removes the most cancer AND preserves healthy skin because surgeons remove thin layers of cancerous tissue, one layer at a time.
- Removes the root of the cancer.
- Leaves the smallest scar possible.
- Has a shorter recovery time and involves fewer complications.
Cost much less than other treatments because of the reduction in recurrence.