CONFIRMATION OF IDENTITY
Federal laws now require health care providers to confirm the identity of patients who defer payment on the date of service. Please be prepared to present a photo ID (current driver’s license or government issued photo ID) at each visit. Identities of a parent or guardian must be presented for children under that age of 19.
You are required to present your current insurance card at each appointment. Our front desk may copy your cards for our records.
Payment in full is due on the day of your visit for the portion of your fees not covered by insurance including co-pays, deductibles and all cosmetic procedure charges.
- Co-Pays – Be prepared to pay any co-pay required by your insurance company at check-in. We gladly accept cash, personal check, VISA, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.
- Unspecified Co-pays – If your insurance card indicates that a co-pay may apply, but does not specify the amount, it is our policy to collect $50.00 at the time of your visit.
- Unpaid Balance – If you have a prior balance on your account, be prepared to pay it at check-in. Any other payment arrangement must have the prior approval of a billing account representative and be noted on your account.
- Cosmetic Procedures – Payment is due in full at the time of check-in for procedures that are cosmetic and not covered by insurance.
- Surgery Fees – All co-pays and deductibles are due at the time of surgery.
- Delinquent Accounts – Past due balances may be turned over to a collection agency and up to a 30% fee will be added to your account. Patients who have been turned over to a collection agency will be required to pay the balance, as well as pre-pay all services for any follow-up care.
- Returned Checks – A $25.00 fee will be added to your account if a check is returned for insufficient funds.
Midwest Dermatology is happy to file all insurance claims as a courtesy for our patients. By providing accurate information, we will be able to provide this service and ensure prompt, accurate payment. If you have any questions, please contact one of our billing department representatives at (402) 552-2555.