Revitalize tired, sun damaged skin with a today’s gentle chemical peels. Using modern chemical ingredients such as alpha hydroxy (fruit acids) and beta hydroxy (acids derived from aspirin) and retinols, chemical peels create even and controlled shedding of the skin cells. This allows new layers to come to the surface, creating a fresh appearance and smoother texture of the skin.
Peels are ideal for:
- Exfoliating dead skin cells
- Softening weathered skin
- Smoothing the complexion
- Minimizing fine lines and wrinkles
- Evening out skin tone and pigmentation
- Opening pores and controlling breakouts on your skin
On the lighter side, we offer:
- Clear Skin Peel – Our acne targeted peel gives you a head start in winning the battle against breakouts. Designed to fade dark marks caused by acne and kill acne causing bacteria, using gentle peel ingredients consisting of gentle glycolic acid (alpha hydroxy derived from fruit).
- Illuminze Peel® – A gentle, very superficial peel perfect for first-timers and those special “red carpet” events. Illuminize Peel from Skin Medica is designed to give the skin an overall look of brightness and radiance, as well as a more even complexion.
- Vitalize Peel®– The most popular peel from Skin Medica offers dramatic improvement in texture and tone. A unique blend of fruit acids and other cosmeceutical ingredients stimulate collagen production to achieve dramatic improvement. Mild imperfections such as sun spots and age spots fade and acne scars become less noticeable. The skin appears healthier and more youthful with minimal downtime. For best results a series is recommended.
- Rejuvenize Peel® – With a focus on texture, this advanced peel addresses moderate to severe skin conditions including fine lines, wrinkles, and rough areas on the outer skin layer. This is the deepest of the Skin Medica Peels with the most visible results, but still very little down time. One session is enough to produce noticeable effects, but three to six sessions are recommended for ideal results.
At Midwest DERMaesthetics, your licensed dermatology aesthetician will start your peel session with an assessment and consultation regarding your skin type, lifestyle and expectations. Best results come from helping you to pick the right peel. Expect some redness and mild peeling following treatment and don’t forget to ask about home care products to extend the results of your treatment.
In addition to aesthetic peels, we offer ADVANCED, MEDICAL GRADE SKIN PEELS for greater penetration and deeper correction. To schedule a consult for one of our deeper peels, make an appointment at Midwest Dermatology with one of our experienced, board certified physicians.